We have been asked to circulate the following information by RCT
1. Timescales for the next round of applications for emergency childcare:-
Applications for emergency childcare for the three week period Monday 29th June to Friday 17th July will be going live on the Council’s website from 8am on Friday 19th June.
- Parents / carers need to apply asap – applications close at 11:59pm on Sunday 21st June.
- Emergency childcare will be in the child’s usual school setting and places are strictly subject to availability.
- Late applications will not be accepted. Places are strictly subject to availability and parents who miss the deadline of Sunday 21st June need to contact their child’s school directly to establish whether or not their child can be accommodated.
2. People who must apply:-
- Key / essential workers must re-apply as requirements / shift patterns etc. change regularly and we need to establish whether the numbers of applications for each school can be accommodated.
- Parents / carers of vulnerable learners and parents / carers of special school pupils who are already attending an emergency childcare setting do not need to re-apply. Their attendance (subject to availability) will be ongoing, but they must notify their child’s school if they no longer require a place.
- Any parents / carers of vulnerable learners and parents / carers of special school pupils who are not currently attending for emergency childcare must make an initial application for a place.
Emergency childcare places are strictly subject to availability and making an application does not guarantee an emergency childcare place.