We have received a number of queries today asking whether we intend to close our school as a result of the Coronovirus outbreak which is currently sweeping the UK and countries worldwide.
As you will appreciate, we are waiting for the result of the COBRA meeting which will be relayed to the Welsh Government and in turn, to the various Local Authorities in Wales as to the next steps that are to be taken. As soon as we are informed by Rhondda Cynon Taf CBC as to the next steps that are to be taken, our school will remain open and all children are expected to attend school as normal.
Please be aware that if you intend to self isolate your child's absence will not be authorised unless you are able to produce medical evidence to substantiate this.
As soon as we are advised by Rhondda Cynon Taf CBC as to the next steps to be taken, we will notify you immediately.
MR S K GARDER